Dewesoft X offers a sensor database which holds the list and the properties of all sensors which will be used. In addition to the linear scaling, which can also be done in the input channel setup, the sensor database also offers scaling by table or by polynomial and even transfer curves can be defined.
To enter the sensor editor go to Settings -> Sensor editor.
The sensor database can be created and adapted according to your requirements (used measurement hardware). The sensor (database) editor offers several functions for creation, editing and managing sensors:
- Add sensor (creates a new sensor in the sensor database)
- Remove sensor (removes the sensor from the sensor database)
- Import (import existing *.xml or *.dxd sensor databases)
- Save (store the sensor database to file)
- Exit (close the sensor database editor)
Each sensor is defined with the information in the database:
- Sensor type, serial number, calibration date, calibration period
- General sensor information
- Scaling type (linear, polynomial, table)
- Transfer curve (used for sensor correction)