In this section we can see the procedures to control the acquisition from the client:
- creating a display on the client
- storing data on the measurement unit
- transfer stored data to the client
- NET menu option
Creating a display on client
Before you begin storing, you may want to set up the local display. In previous steps, you may have configured the display of one or more measurement units, but you probably want to see data here, too!
You certainly know how to do this. Use the Overview, Scope, Recorder (et al) buttons at the top of your own screen here on the Client to create displays with any combination of channels from any and all measurement units!
As mentioned previously, all measurement units must have a SYNC method in place in order to ensure these three things:
- truly synchronized data files from multiple measurement units
- ability to display channels from more than one measurement unit on the client
- ability to create math channels on the client with channels from more than one measurement unit
Note that the CHANNELS list is now showing channels with the "name" of the MU that they come from automatically. This is so that you know the source of every channel in an easy and convenient way.
In our example, the name of the MU, "TESTING-PC" is added in front of the transfer channels from that MU by default, as you can see on the right picture.
The channels from each measurement unit will be shown this way automatically. This is the only thing that differs from setting up a screen in the standalone mode of Dewesoft X.
Storing data on the measurement unit
With the client and measurement unit properly configured, we can now store data. Just click Store in the toolbar in the normal way.
Transfer stored data to the client
As soon as the storing is stopped, an important button appears automatically, called Transfer:
Please click it, and the data file(s) from all measurement units that we just used will be downloaded to the client for you. A "transfer box" appears to show the progress and eventual completion of the download:
In this case we only had one measurement unit, so only one file needed to be downloaded.
NET menu options
Click the NET menu option to see the list of options:
Notice from the menu that you have several useful capabilities:
- Connect/Disconnect from measurement units - connect to all measurement units / releases the connection
- Close Dewesoft X on measurement units - closes the Dewesoft X application on all measurement units
- Measure transfer speed - measuring the bandwidth (transfer speed) between the measurement units and this client
- Show status - (displays window with current status of all measurement units)
- Reboot measurement units - reboots the measurement unit computers (useful if they have crashed or hung up)
- Shut down measurement units - shuts down the measurement units (requires ACPI power system on the measurement units)
- Wake up measurement units - starts measurement units (requires 'Wake-up on LAN' option enabled on the measurement units)